Jordan E. Langlois practice is primarily focused on corporate and commercial matters, with a focus on real estate related transactions. He regularly provides legal advice to clients engaging in real property financing, acquisitions and sales, development, leasing, property taxation and related general corporate matters. Jordan’s practice also covers general corporate commercial law with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate governance and financing, banking and insolvency law and public utilities law. More particularly, Jordan Langlois has experience in:
- Acting on the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, including preparing and negotiating purchase agreements, conducting due diligence and completing such transactions.
- Acting for major developers and existing land owners in connection with the formation of partnerships, limited partnerships and joint ventures for the development of commercial and mixed-use developments, including preparing and negotiating partnership and joint venture agreements.
- Acting for major developers of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, including strata property, airspace subdivision and bare land developments.
- Acting for borrowers in obtaining debt and equity financing, including acquisition and construction financing.
- Acting for landlords and tenants on all aspects relating to commercial leasing and residential tenancies, including preparing and negotiating leases and subleases, amending and renewing leases and advising parties to leasing disputes.
- Acting on the purchase and sale of shares and assets other than real estate, including preparing and negotiating purchase agreements, conducting due diligence and completing such transactions.
- Acting for public utilities in connection with preparing standard form agreements, preparing and negotiating agreements with developers for the construction of utility infrastructure and provision of utility services to developments and applications to the British Columbia Utilities Commission.
- Acting for lenders in foreclosure and bankruptcy matters.
Jordan joined Kornfeld LLP as an associate in June 2011 after completing his articles with the firm. Born in eastern Ontario, Jordan Langlois has lived in Montréal, Zug (Switzerland), Sydney (Australia) and London (UK), and he is now proud to call Vancouver his home.
In his spare time, Jordan enjoys skiing, running, playing hockey and golf, cooking and traveling.
- Real Estate Transactions & Development
- Business Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Corporate Governance
- Lending & Finance
- The City Law School, City University, London (UK), LLB with First-Class Honours, Top International Student Scholarship
- McGill University, BComm
- British Columbia, 2011
- Member of the British Columbia Solicitors’ Legal Opinions Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors and Pro bono legal consultant for Arthritis Research Canada